FEELING THE EFFECTS OF
Want to Leave a HEALTHY PLANET for YOUR CHILDREN?
Download My FREE Guide
Method Revealed for Reversing Global Warming
As Featured On...
Delivering Value ...
My name is Erik Kvam. I’m an internationally recognized writer and speaker on renewable energy and climate change mitigation. I wrote the first-ever book on designing a method for reversing global warming.
I’m a renewable energy and patent attorney. I’m admitted to practice law in the states of New York, California and Hawaii.
I hold law degrees from Georgetown University and New York University, a masters of science degree from Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Science and a business degree from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
I’m an internationally recognized writer and speaker on renewable energy and climate change mitigation. I wrote the first-ever book on designing a method for reversing global warming.
I’m a father of three wonderful children, all of whom were adopted from Russia by my late wife, Michele, and me.
A Point to Ponder...
Can you point to a group of decision-makers anywhere in the world and say about that group:“Here is a group of decision-makers who have created a decision-making process for reversing global warming,and who are actively using that process to make decisions that reverse global warming”?
Speaking strictly for myself, I’m not aware of any such group.
Such a group of decision-makers does not yet seem to exist because it appears that very few, if any, groups of decision-makers have asked themselves the question, “What might a decision-making process for reversing global warming look like?”
Because it appears that few, if any, groups of decision-makers have asked themselves that question, it appears that virtually no group of decision-makers has come to understand that they have an option of creating a decision-making process for reversing global warming.
Figure 1: Detriment of Not Creating a Decision-making Process
A group of decision-makers who do not understand that they have such an option might be said to be stuck on a detriment curve of accelerating & unlimited greenhouse gas emissions, accelerating & unlimited global warming, and accelerating & unlimited economic costs of adapting to global warming, as shown in this figure:
- For a group of decision-makers at an electric utility, that red area might look like financial bankruptcy from wild fires exacerbated by global warming.
- For a group of decision-makers at a government-run transit authority, that red area might look like a fossil-fuel powered transit system that does not generate enough revenue to recover the costs of building and running it.
- For a group of decision-makers at a private enterprise that offers a renewable energy option for sale to electric utilities, that red area might look the renewable energy option not purchased by electric utilities, and might look like economic costs and greenhouse gas emissions not avoided by electric utilities’ purchase of the option.
Figure 2: Benefit of Creating a Decision-making Process
To the extent that a group of decision-makers creates a decision-making process for reversing global warming, they put themselves on a benefit curve of accelerating & unlimited avoided economic costs, accelerating & unlimited avoided greenhouse gas emissions, and reversing global warming, as shown in this figure:
- For a group of decision-makers at an electric utility, that green area might look like halving the utility’s generation costs, doubling its earnings & shareholder value and reversing global warming.
- For a group of decision-makers at a government-run transit agency, that green area might look like a renewable energy-powered transit system that recovers its capital and operating costs and reverses global warming.
- For a group of decision-makers at a private enterprise that offers a renewable energy option for sale to electric utilities, that green area might look like profits its sales to electric utilities that want renewable energy options that pay for themselves in energy cost savings and reverse global warming.
Let’s Get in Touch...
- I work with groups of decision-makers who are stuck on the detriment curve of Figure 1 and who want to put their organizations on the accelerating and unlimited benefit curve of Figure 2.
- Any group of decision-makers can put their organization on that benefit curve because my book, You Can Reverse Global Warming, shows you how to bring decision-makers into consensus on adopting renewable energy options that reverse global warming.
- Given my demanding roles as a renewable energy attorney and a father, I dedicate as much as possible of my remaining time to my “deep work” of writing and speaking about reversing global warming.
- I’m most likely to respond to an invitation, referral or engagement that offers an extraordinary opportunity for radically accelerating 100% renewable energy and reversing global warming.
- If you have such an extraordinary opportunity, please feel free to contact me at Extraordinary [at] ErikKvam.com.